Come explore the beauty and the bounty of the gardens, fields and woods in this six month comprehensive course. We will cover a vast amount of information encouraging the daily use of herbs for food, medicine and pleasure. This course is designed to provide inspiring, practical and thorough “hands on” herbal information that can easily be incorporated into one’s life.
- Herbal Therapeutics
- Wild Plant Identification and Application
- Wild Food Foraging and Culinary Preparations
- Medicine Making
- Herbal Skin Care
- Nutritional Healing… and More
A significant amount of class time will be spent outdoors studying wild and cultivated plants. We will then bring these plants into our kitchen-classroom and transform them into food, medicine and various other preparations. As part of our learning experience, we will prepare and enjoy a primarily “wild” delicious meal influenced by the plants that are in season. Everyone will make an abundance of preparations to bring home and begin to create their own medicine chests. In the last part of each class we will focus on a particular organ system, health topic or special project.
- One Saturday every month, May thru October
- 2018 Dates: May 5, June 2, July 7, Aug 4, Sept 8, Oct 13
- Time: Saturdays, 10:00AM to 4:00 PM
- Location: The lovely hamlet of Lyonsville, Stone Ridge, NY
Cost: $675, includes material fee; $150 deposit due with registration.